Sunday, February 8, 2015

Skin Origin Skincare

Hello 2015! I want to come back to blogging so here I am! I miss blogging so much. So, I've changed my template so that it will attract me to come back. Heh. Will update a more recent picture of me and update my "About Me" too. Cause that's too old.

So, I guess I've grown a lot. But the way I blog and write never change. Still me, and words can be so deep when I am exceptionally emotional. I will be penning more thoughts and sharing more things here.. Stay around, watch me grow, watch my own life change as I grew. One day, I will be grateful that I penned these thoughts!
.
.
.
So recently, I brought new skincare from Skin Origin. This is the first time I'm buying such expensive skincare. I usually use Laneige. But because I need very effective results and was recommended by the experts that this will give me the results that I want within 1 month. Basically, I purchase their Gentle Exfoliant Cleanser, Gentle Toner, Epi Gel, Active Repair Essence and Radiance Essence.

There's no much of reviews for Skin Origin's products cause they are not commercialize at all. You can only find these products in Spa and Facial parlours. Manufactured in Spain, Skin Origin products are touted to contain Penta Peptides which is a chain of five amino acids that works at the cellular level and transforms skin with less abrasiveness.

So I'm gonna be the first few to review! The Active Repair Essence and Radiance Essence is Skin Origin's star products. It is $178 each. The price is equivalent to your high end skincare brand like Dior, Chanel etc. No joke. Gentle Exfoliant Cleanser is $89, Gentle Toner is $89 and Epi Gel is $98 if I don't remember wrongly.

I was told to use Active Repair Essence at night and Radiance Essence in the morning. They smell alright but when applying Active Repair Essence, it gives my face a slight stinging feeling which is very bearable.

From Left (Top): Epi Gel, Gentle Toner, Gentle Exfoliant Cleanser
From Left (Bottom): Active Repair Essence & Radiance Essence

I was reassured by my therapist that I will get to see the results that I want in 1 month. Besides going to my usual Dr SM Yuen's laser toning and silk peel, I've added IPL and Microdermabrasion from another facial salon. All these treatments is very chor (expensive).

I'm not afraid to share that I've spent close to $6k with Dr SM Yuen on their laser toning and silk peel but to be honest, the results are not as fantastic. I've been with them for close to 1.5 years since November 2013. The staff there are all very friendly and nice. No hard selling. But the results really is so so. And they sell tretinoin cream @ $150 (?) for pathetic 15ml only. It is to boost collagen production. I stopped after purchasing once.

I'm very eager to see good results for my face and I'm hoping that this 1 month will be substantial enough for that one day. Staying hopeful!


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that you've been using their products for a few months now. I just started this week and my face is itching rather badly and it feels rough and dehydrated... Do you have any problem using it? Any improvement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply Chengyee! I don't have a problem when I am using it but i feel that it is not very effective on me. So i stopped using it. Hope your skin is alright!

      Delete
  3. Hi Wen Yao, may I know how long you been using the skin origin products? As recently happened to know about their products, not sure if to give a shot.. Appreciate you could share more on your experience.

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete