Saturday, February 28, 2015

Removing Skin Tags

Gonna document removing of my skin tag journey. And I hope that it will be useful to people who are considering to remove them through the tradition way of "burning" it off. Just like how I did it. Laser toning doesn't helps to remove skin tags. Initially I thought that it would too. 

I have a lot of Skin Tags. One of the main reasons why I have them is genetic. My dad have many too. But his are huge. Skin Tags is just an extra layer of skin protruding out. It is harmless and people may have it at some parts of their life. I've checked with my therapist and the price of removing skin tags range from $15 - $80 each. For my condition, they are really small bumps. So it's charged at $15 each. I removed mine at Posh Wellness located at Marina Square. 

Here's some before photos of my skin with skin tags. They are just small bumps which made my skin super unsmooth😔 you can't really tell them from pictures. But after you applied powder, it just doesn't sets nicely. My therapists is Zoelyn. She's very nice and as this is the first time I'm doing something like this, she even applied numbing cream so that it is less painful. Applying numbing cream is charged at $50 btw.
Here's some of my before photos.
As you can see that there's a lot of bumps :(



Applying numbing cream on the skin tags. 


After about 30 mins of struggle. Here's how my face looks like immediately after the procedures.  The black bumps are where the skin tags are. Basically they just use a really sharp pen-look-alike electric needle to burn the top layer off so that there's no more bumps on my skin. The pain was bearable. Except for those skin tags located near the corner of my eyes or nose. 





They applied an anti-inflammation powder for me and was asked to wash my face lightly and kept those affected area dry. 
 

Here's day 1. I applied sunblock, loose powder cause I have to go to work. But the scaling was quite obvious. My colleague thought that I have chicken pox. Haha. Fyi, it's the eve of CNY. I avoid looking at people cause I'm afraid that they will stare at it. Even my mom asked why did I do it before CNY. But i thought it's the best time to heal my skin. Cause after all, got 4 days of rest day! 



Here's the 2nd day. Less redness. In fact, just the scaling part. Waiting for it to fully dried up so that it will peel and drop. Skin feels really rough though. As it's the first day of CNY, concealer and powder does the job. 

Left: My bare skin
Right: Makeup and concealer. I still feels insecure though. 
3rd day
4th day
5th day
6th day
7th day with sunblock, loose powder and blusher
7th day night I went back for follow up and had an IPL session to reduce the leftover redness and speed up healing. But of cause, after every other facial session, my skin becomes very red due to the removing of black heads.
8th - 9th day after my treatment.
My skin seems much clearer now. But because there's still redness, I wasn't convince that it was considered good skin.
 
But looking at all the back dated photos of my skin, I honestly finds that removing skin tags really is the best decision for smoother skin. I will update again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment