Saturday, March 28, 2015

In Loving Memory, Mr Lee Kuan Yew




 
Today is day 6 of national mourning.
As the week is ending, this also marks the second last day to bid farewell to our founding father, Mr Lee Kuan Yew. For the past few days, we've been reading news of how he fought for Singapore's independence. An ordinary man who led an extra-ordinary life. There's so much to learn from him. People from all walks of life, regardless of language, race or religion went to the Parliament House to pay their last respect. Leaders from all over the world, tribute to our founding father. Being able to live and witness the changed he did is indescribable. The massive crowd and long wait at the Padang allowed me to see a different side of Singaporeans. A spirit we never knew existed in Singaporeans until now. Touched beyond words by the volunteers and army boys distributing water, food etc. Despite late in the night, they did what they could with a smile. No doubt that the queue was difficult. The wait was crazy, but never once I feel like giving up. I was determined to do what I could do, to pay my last respect. And I am so proud of being a part of it. As we reached the parliament house, our steps were heavy and slow. I've never thought his passing could affect me. While we mourn the passing of one of the greatest leader in the world, we celebrate his life and his incalculable contributions to Singapore and its people.
 
Rest in peace. 
 
 
 Finally.
 .
.
.
 Below picture credit to PM LHL.

No comments:

Post a Comment